Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Book Review: Rick & Bubba's Big Honkin' Book of Grub


I recently received this book through the Thomas Nelson book program, BookSneeze, to read and provide my honest review of the book. I was not required to provide a "good review", simply an honest one. I did not receive any other compensation other than receiving a free copy of this book.
When I was advised I would be receiving this book, I was thrilled! As most everyone knows who follows my blog or knows me at all, I am always looking for new recipes to try out so I couldn't wait to receive this book. While most everyone is always looking for "healthy recipes" these days, I simply look for scrumptious, easy cooking. By the title of this book, that is what I figured I would get!
Well.....out of 214 pages, there are only about 23 recipes in this entire "cookbook". So......not really a cookbook after all. I would consider this book more of a humorous look on eating and why Americans LOVE to eat! You will learn such things as "Diet starts with D-I-E for a reason", you will learn weight-loss tips such as "Jog, instead of walking, to your refrigrator" or "Never put both feet on the scale". The "Two Sexiest Fat Mean Alive" will also provide you with a listing of their all-time favorite places to eat - which also includes the best place on this side of the pearly gates - the ultimate "Church Potlock"!
If you are looking for a humorous book for a foodie in your life, or perhaps someone that has always dieted and just really wants to "Live" their life around the food they adore, then this is the book for them. On the other hand, if you are looking for a real cookbook, you may want to skip right over this one.
Happy Reading!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment