Monday, April 26, 2010

TNT Tuesday - Crockpot Lasagna




OK, I know it is only Monday. However, since I been posting "TNT Tuesday" on Wednesday's or not at all, figured I'd at least be early this week! :o)

This is a crockpot recipe that my family enjoyed the first time I made it. I do not make this too often because it is not one of those recipes you can throw in the pot at 7 in the morning and cook for the 9-10 hours that I am away at work. This one only cooks for 6 hours......but it is good to fix on a weekend when I am around the house but don't feel like standing over the stove cooking for hours to have dinner on the table. I can throw this in at noon and be ready to eat at 6:00. I believe I found this recipe in a "Mr. Food" Cookbook.
Crockpot Lasagna
1 lb. ground meat
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1 jar (28 oz.) Spaghetti Sauce
1/3 cup water
8 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
15 oz. ricotta cheese
2 cup mozarella cheese (or more if you prefer!)
* Brown ground meat with Italian Seasoning, drain.
* Combine Spaghetti Sauce and water in a bowl and stir until mixed.
* Put 4 noodles in bottom of greased crockpot (you may have to break them to make them fit to cover bottom of crock.)
* Layer 1/2 of the meat on top of the noodles, then 1/2 of the sauce.
* Spread ricotta cheese over sauce, and then sprinkle with 1 cup mozarella.
* Then repeat with remaining noodles, then meat, sauce and mozarella cheese.
Cook on high for 1 hour and then switch to low and continue to cook for 5 hours.
Yummy!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment