Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Product Review: Hill's Science Diet Ideal Balance Dog Food

As a Bzzagent, I am provided with various products/services throughout the year to try out and use in my home and then give honest feedback (good or bad!) on what I thought about the products. In return for the product, I not only provide them with my feedback but I also spread the word (bzzzzzz) to friends, families and others regarding information on the product so they can decide whether it may be something for them to use or give a try as well.


Several weeks ago, I was offerred the chance to try out Hill's Science Diet Ideal Balance Dog Food. Well....when I say I was given the chance to try it - I mean actually that my three dogs Karma, Juliet and Romeo were given the chance to try it and all I had to do was sit back and watch. To give a little background of my choosey canines, Karma (Standard Poodle) is 9 and usually barely eats her food unless she decides she is hungry that day; Romeo, a toy breed, is almost 5 and also usually only eats about half of his daily intake. Then there is Juliet, our almost 3 year old Golden Retriever who will eat anything and everything you put it on front of her, whether it be edible or not! Well - - being as I dont just give my dogs a bowl full of "new food" to try I have been gradually mixing the Ideal Balance Dog food in with their regular food for a while now and do you know - when I do that - all 3 of their bowls are licked clean to the bottom?! I thought it may have been a fluke (when it came to Romeo and Karma) so I have only been mixing their food up every few days. On the days I dont mix it, sure enough, half their food is left in the bowl....but on the days I mix in the Ideal Balance food, the bowls are completely emptied! Goes without saying, Juliet's is always empty!


You may be wondering what is so special about this Ideal Balance Dog food produced by Hill's Science Diet....Well.....it is a high grade brand of food that is not only tasty (apparently), but also nutrionally balanced for your best friend's well being. The first ingredient listed in this food is FRESH CHICKEN!!! That's right Chicken, not chicken meal, not chicken parts....but FRESH WHOLE CHICKEN. It also is chocked full of fruits and vegetables including cranberries. There is also no corn or artificial flavors. So when you pour the food into their bowls, it is all the same brown color, not red, greens and oranges from articifical coloring. (And a bonus for the humans, because there is no corn or other "fillers" in the food, the size of the "poo" is much smaller as well! Very handy when you have 3 dogs!)


If you have dogs and think this may be something you would like to try, I urge you to check out Hills' Pet website by clicking here. There you can not only view the various products available, but you can download a form to get a rebate on a bag of Ideal Balance so you can literally try it for FREE! While you are there, I would urge you to check out the "MyBowl" app where it tells you what ingredients you should be looking for no matter the dog food you choose for your four legged best friends.


Go ahead - give it a try! Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment