Tuesday, January 3, 2012

TNT Recipe Tuesday - Chocolate Chip Sensation

Happy Tuesday everyone! Long holiday weekend is over and time to get back to the normal daily grind! Time to kick off our TNT Recipe Tuesdays with a dessert item. For those not familiar - TNT on this site means "Tried N' True" Recipe - basically a recipe that I have made for my family that they repeatedly ask for time and again. Today's recipe is a dessert recipe that I actually received from The Pampered Chef YEARS ago. I have not made it in several years and decided on a whim last weekend to make it for some company I was having over for dinner. Well - needless to say, it was gobbled up and 2 days later my family asked me to make it again! So.....thought I would share it with all of you here.


It is called Chocolate Chip Sensation. My husband likes it because although it is dessert - it is not that "Too sweet" taste. Here it is:



Ingredients include:


16 oz roll package choclate chip cookie dough (Such as Pillsbury, found in the dairy section)


8 oz cream cheese (softened)


1 pint half and half


1/3 cup sugar


3.9 oz pkg. instant choclate pudding


Pecans, chopped (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Take the cookie dough and smoosh it into a large ball of dough. Place it on your pan (I use a large pizza stone) and flatten it out to a 13" circle. Bake it for 12-15 minutes until browned.


Mix cream cheese and sugar and set aside.


Mix half and half and pudding mix, set aside for minutes or until "set".


Once cookie is completely cool, spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cookie, just like icing a cake. Once that layer is complete, pour the pudding on top and spread it over the cream cheese mixture and then sprinkle with nuts.


Chill until ready to serve. To make it easy to cut into serving size pieces, I simply use a pizza cutter and cut in to squares.


Yummy!


I hope you enjoy!


Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment