Thursday, February 4, 2010

CVS - Money Makers This Week 1/31 - 2/6

After looking at the CVS sales paper this week and figuring out what would work best for me, below is the scenario I decided to use for this week. Keep in mind I did not have any ECBs (Extra Care Bucks) to work with since I had previously spent them so I was starting from scratch this week. My main goal was to buy a few things, not come out of pocket a whole bunch, and have some ECBs left over for other stuff.

#1 Checkout
Purchased Dove Men+ Care Face and Body Wash $5.49
Used $1.25 off coupon from 2/1 paper
Total OOP (Out of Pocket): $4.25
Earned: $5.49 ECB


#2 Checkout
Purchased Dove Men+ Care Face and Body Wash $5.49
Purchased Colgate Max Fresh Toothpaste $2.99
Used $1.25 off coupon for body wash
Used .50 off coupon for toothpaste
Used $5.49 ECB from #1 checkout
Total OOP: $1.24
Earned: $5.49 for body wash and $2.00 for toothpaste = $7.49 ECBs!!!


So, you see - I spent a total $5.49 of my hard earned cash; actually received $13.97 worth of product and then left the store with $7.49 in ECBs to use on next trip - - - so technically I got all this stuff for "Free" plus they paid me $2.00!!! Make sense??


Happy Savings!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment