Tuesday, February 23, 2010

TNT Tuesday - Meatball and Pasta Skillet

I can not believe it is already Tuesday and time for another TNT Tuesday recipe. These weeks are flying by!

This is actually a fairly new recipe to me, however my family fell in love with it the first night I made it. I also fell in love with it because it was super easy and quick to the table which meant I could get on with the rest of my exciting evening of laundry, cleaning and crafts after dinner! :o)

I actually got this receipe right off the back of a bag of Armor Cocktail Meatballs!

Meatball and Pasta Skillet

8 oz. penne pasta
1T oil
1/2 medium bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
32 small meatballs
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded parmesean cheese

* Prepare pasta as directed.
* As pasta is boiling, heat oil in a large pot and saute onions/peppers for 3 minutes.
* Stir in spaghetti sauce and meatballs and simmer for 10 minutes or until meatballs are hot.
* Add drained pasta to meatballs and sauce.
* Sprinkle top with cheeses, cover with lid and heat an additional 5 minutes for cheese to melt.

That's it! Yummo! (I actually doubled the entire recipe and had plenty to feed my family of four with plenty of leftovers for everyone's lunch)

Hope you enjoy!

Happy Cooking!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment